- In the past, I received great pleasure telling my commune living stories, it was a way for me to get attention. All I had to do is mention some of the people I met or tell the strange way I lived, or tell some of the beliefs my commune lived by and my listeners’ eyes would pop, their mouths would drop in shock and then they would say “Really? You?”
But one day after reading, Ephesians 1:12&14 I realized that everything I am, all I say and do should praise and worship God. Telling my story With a wrong motive is wrong, this meant talking of my past needed to come to a halt.
After this decision, God revealed my past can give Him glory because my journey can show others how He guided me to let go; Let go of depression, discouragement, self-pity, and the lifestyle of victimhood. The more I came to trust God, the more my perspectives changed. I found a new heart, a heart of flesh, my heart of stone started disappearing.
Some stories He showed me during this time:
- A shepherd boy who killed a giant. 1 Samuel 17
- Esther a Jew in a foreign country who became queen and saved her people. Book of Esther
- Ruth from an unfavored race moved to Israel and became part of the lineage of Jesus. Book of Ruth
- Peter a fisherman and became a fisher of men. Matthew 26:69-75
- Saul a religious leader who persecuted Christians became a leader in the early church and wrote most of the new testament. Acts 9:1-28
- A prisoner becomes second in command in a foreign nation. Genesis 41:1-57
- Mary an ordinary young girl becomes the mother of the Son of God. Matthew 1:18-24
God took their abilities and impossible circumstances and showed me how He provided and turned their impossibilities, into the possibilities.
He wants me to tell my story so I can also illustrate His love for the emotionally broken. God wants us all to know His character shines through each of us when we allow Him to make us a light on a hill.
A book? People have asked:
But, I have worked on one for a few years and find there is a lot more to writing a book besides living the experience. So my working book is called Barefoot to Shoes. Someday maybe the book, but for now Reflections from my past.
- I grew up a victim but I am learning to live victoriously.
- My early belief I followed a man, but now follow Jesus Christ.
- I married as a mouse, but after divorce, I found the lion in me.
- but most important in the past I lived as if I was “one of many” and now learning I am a masterpiece.
Emails always welcome: [email protected]